Thursday, January 6, 2011

Favorites-May 2010



Yosemite was our favorite in May. Not only did we get to vacation with the Moores but we did some fun stuff on our own too.

We went to the Awhanee for Mother's Day brunch and then walked around the grounds. Absolutely breathtaking - also a little cold.


We walked to Mirror lake. Also absolutely breathtaking and even colder. We had to bribe Ethan with crackers to get him to sit in the pack. I used to swear I would never do such things as a mom, I was so stupid to ever say I would or wouldn't do certain things as a mom. How naive of me! Take 6 hours to walk to mirror lake in the freezing cold because your son's legs are 8 inches long and he gets super distracted by things like sticks in a FOREST or bribe your son with crackers so he doesn't scream like a banshee the entire way to Mirror Lake because you are clearly torturing him by telling him he can't walk? Please hand me the crackers.


And finally, it snowed. This was one of my favorite parts for so many reasons, it was so so gorgeous, I could turn my heater on when we got to our cabin and the personal kicker for me... I was right. I told Cameron for months that it was going to snow when we went to Yosemite but he told me no way. My Grandma told me it had already snowed on the dogwoods so I was in the clear. I packed more sleepong bags and jackets then I ever have before despite the resistance and it snowed. It was gloriously frigid and Ethan got to make his first ever snow ball. So Awesome.


On a side note, one of my resolutions this year is to not proclaim that I was right so often. I didn't say never, just not so often.

Ethan was 2 year and 4 months and I was 7 months pregnant.

No comments: