Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life with Ethan

Today, while I was browsing a catalogue, Ethan brought a book to me. We read the book and then he went to find a new one. He came back with the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, obviously not from his bookshelf. I told him that he needed to take it back and find a book from his shelf. Ethan looked at me and said "I read, Mama." He then opened the book, bent down to get a closer look and said "hmmm" about 20 times while turning chunks of pages at a time. He closed the book, said "All done" and put the book away.

Later, we were listening to the Raffi Pandora station. The Winnie the Pooh song came on and Ethan began to tell me...
"Winnie the Pooh, Ride, Dada, yeah"
I said, "You rode the Winnie the Pooh Ride with Daddy?"
"Ooooh, Yeah, at Mickey's House. Bye Bye, Dance, See you later. I Mickey's House" (yes, at Disneyland. Good Bye, Pandora Radio, I will see you later. I am going to Mickey's House.)
I said, "Ethan, we aren't going to Mickey's House today. We will go on a different day."
Ethan Said, " Different Day, I Willio House (pause) and then, I see Willio (pause) and then, Heerios and then bye bye." (On a different day, I will got to William's house and I will see William. Then, we will have Cheerios and go bye bye.)
I said, "Won't that be fun? Can I please keep you for my very own Ethan?"
He said, "Yes, Silly Mama."

1 comment: